Buffalo Trace Distillery 2022 Charity Bottle Donation
Buffalo Trace Distillery 2022 begins by Donating 2,022 Bottles Including its First NFT with Unique OFC Vintage 6 Litre Bottle.
Buffalo Trace Distillery Asks Non-profits to Join in the Quest to Raise Over $2 Million This Year Globally.
Included in the offering of 2,022 bottles will be the world’s first six litre bottle bourbon non-fungible tokens (NFTs), which contain bourbon distilled in 1982 in Buffalo Trace Distillery’s O.F.C. line.
Other bottles in the 2,022 line-up being donated for selected non-profits to use for fundraising include:
- 300 375ml bottles of The Single Oak Project Bourbon, a very limited release from the most extensive bourbon experiment ever undertaken
- Weller vertical consisting of Weller Special Reserve, Weller Antique 107, Weller 12 year old, Weller Full Proof, Weller Single Barrel and Weller Craft Your Perfect Bourbon (CYPB)
- Blanton’s vertical with Blanton’s Original Single Barrel, Blanton’s Gold and Blanton’s Straight from the Barrel Bourbons
- E.H. Taylor, Jr. special release collection consisting of E.H. Taylor, Jr. 18 Year Marriage; E.H. Taylor, Jr. Amaranth; E.H. Taylor, Jr. Four Grain; and E.H. Taylor, Jr. Warehouse C Bourbons
- Five bottles (each six litres in size) of the aforementioned O.F.C. Bourbon, distilled in 1982, available via NFT in mid-February, more details coming
- And many more whiskies from the world’s most award-winning Distillery
“We really want to make an impact in 2022,” said Sara Saunders, vice president, bourbon, Buffalo Trace Distillery. “We’ve got a wonderful database so far of non-profit organizations, but we encourage others from across the U.S. and the world to register their charitable organization, as we know the need is great. We’ve hand-picked some of the best whiskies from across our portfolio, in hopes they garner top dollar for the recipients.”
Interested non-profits can register their organization here. Buffalo Trace is looking for a diverse group of charities to donate to, comprised of various audiences, locations, and impact in the community. All entries must be received by March 31, 2022 for consideration; winning charities will be notified of their status by April 29, 2022. Bottles to selected recipients will begin shipping in May 2022 and recipients need to hold their event and report back their monies raised by Nov 30, 2022.
Buffalo Trace Distillery has a history of conducting similar fundraisers, but nothing of this magnitude. In 2019 it gave away nearly 400 bottles from its 6 Millionth Barrel, a milestone barrel commemorating the 6 millionth barrel produced since Prohibition. Those bottles raised over one million dollars for various charitable organizations. Similar offerings ran in 2016, with over a million dollars raised, and also in 2011.
About Buffalo Trace Distillery
Buffalo Trace Distillery is an American family-owned company based in Frankfort, Franklin County, Kentucky. The Distillery’s rich tradition dates back to 1775 and includes such legends as E.H. Taylor, Jr., George T. Stagg, Albert B. Blanton, Orville Schupp, and Elmer T. Lee.
Buffalo Trace Distillery is a fully operational Distillery producing bourbon, rye and vodka on site and is a National Historic Landmark as well as is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Distillery has won 35 distillery titles since 2000 from such notable publications as Whisky Magazine, Whisky Advocate Magazine and Wine Enthusiast Magazine. Its Col. E. H. Taylor, Jr. Four Grain Bourbon was named World Whiskey of the Year for 2018 and its William Larue Weller and Thomas H. Handy Sazerac were named 2nd and 3rd finest whiskeys in the world for 2020. Buffalo Trace Distillery has also garnered more than 1,000 awards for its wide range of premium whiskies. To learn more about Buffalo Trace Distillery visit www.buffalotracedistillery.com.